Leanpay is looking for an Accounting Specialist.
Leanpay is a 4-year-old scale-up regional Fintech, fulfilling a mission to enable consumers to pay for any product or service in installments in any shop and in any channel with only a few clicks. Leanpay assures immediate response, no worries about paperwork, no waiting or separate trips to the bank, and no need for credit card or other financial product onboarding.
Buy Now Pay Later (“BNPL”) and digital Point-of-sale Finance (“dPOSF”) are the hottest trends in Fintech and Leanpay is working hard to be at the forefront of that trend in Central and South-eastern Europe.
Currently, Leanpay is a dPOSF leader in Slovenia. In 2021 Leanpay started operations in Croatia and based on a successful Series A funding round, in 2022 Leanpay continued its internationalization and growth into Hungary and Romania.
The Accounting Specialist will be based and employed in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and will be reporting to the Leanpay group Head of Accounting and Controlling.
The main task of the Accounting Specialist includes management of payment transaction, payroll function performance, bookkeeping supplier's invoices and reviewing financial information, as well as preparing monthly financial reports for management.
Leanpay cultivates a flexible work environment as well as a dynamic and agile operating model that will give anyone a high level of responsibility and exposure to the company’s core business. Any successful candidate will have the chance to work with a talented and bold team, which will contribute to their personal and professional growth.
What will the Accounting Specialist be doing?
- Keeping accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization;
- Managing accounts payable (Vendors, Suppliers) and payment schedules;
- Handling payroll functions as required by the organization and final travel order calculation;
- Collaborating with team to provide necessary financial reports to senior-level managers and helping with decision-making;
- Reviewing financial information and documents and ensuring compliance with internal accounting procedures;
- Monthly reconciliation of account's balances - ensuring ledger's reconciliation at least on a monthly basis and booking execution in month-end closing process;
- Preparing monthly VAT, TFS reports;
- Looking for and providing solutions for accounting irregularities;
- Handling general ledger bookkeeping, bank and cost accounting;
- Assistance with preparation for annual audits;
- Monitoring tax and other regulatory changes.
What will the successful candidate have?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in related fields;
- Strong understanding of accounting principle and slovenian tax legislation (Personal Income Tax, VAT);
- Proficiency in bookkeeping software (experience with Pantheon is a plus);
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written communication);
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability;
- Paying attention to details and ability to analyze data;
- An understanding and flexibility to accept that priorities can shift regularly in a high-growth environment;
- Affinity for information technologies / ERP;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
What are the compensation and benefits?
- A competitive package aligned with similar positions in Slovenia,
- 25 days initial annual vacation time.
If you feel this job fits you perfectly, we suggest you apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.