Group Head of Risk Management
Leanpay is a 7 year old Fintech company, fulfilling a mission to enable consumers to pay for any product or service in installments in any shop and in any channel with only a few clicks. Leanpay assures immediate response, no worries about paperwork, no waiting or separate trips to the bank, and no need for a credit card or other financial product onboarding.
Buy Now Pay Later (“BNPL”) and digital Point-of-sale Finance (“dPOSF”) are the hottest trends in Fintech and Leanpay is working hard to be at the forefront of that trend in Central and South-eastern Europe.
Currently, Leanpay is a dPOSF leader in Slovenia and based on a successful Series A funding round, in Leanpay continued its internationalization and growth into Hungary and Romania.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable and highly motivated Group head of Risk Management to join our Leanpay team. The position will be based in Ljubljana, Slovenia, with a main goal to upgrade company’s risk management function and improve risk management framework. We need an experienced Risk Manager in our team who will use it's expertise to build and implement risk management processes, build a risk management team and cooperate with colleagues in all Leanpay companies in different countries.
What will the Group Head of Risk Management be doing?
- Setting up risk management function – second line of defense on group level and upgrading risk management function in other Leanpay companies;
- Managing the risk management functional team;
- Managing, steering and controlling risk management in other Leanpay companies;
- Setting up the framework and risk management policies;
- Conducting risk assessment, monitoring and reporting;
- Independently conducting risk control and reporting to management board and risk committees;
- Setting up risk limits;
- Provide advice to management board and risk committees;
- Conducting risk methodologies, strategies, analysis and assessments;
- Supporting the implementation of IT support and tools for risk management;
- Conducting monthly reports for internal and externals users;
- Cooperating with other departments and Leanpay companies and working on risk management related projects;
- Other risk management related activities.
What do we expect from the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Mathematics;
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of risk management, finance, or accounting in financial institutions;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and SQL;
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing);
- Great organizational and communication skills, openness and an aptitude for teamwork;
- Good understanding of personal finance, consumer loans, responsible lending, retail banking, retail insurance, credit card business, fintech, and similar;
- Excellent work habit and self initiative;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Great written and verbal communication skills;
- High propensity to learn and progress.
Leanpay cultivates a flexible work environment as well as a dynamic and agile operating model that will give anyone a high level of responsibility and exposure to the company’s core business. Any successful candidate will have the chance to work with a talented and bold team, which will contribute to their personal and professional growth.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Working in a dynamic and fast-growing company with space for professional growth;
- Flexible working hours;
- Great office in Ljubljana;
- Opportunities for continuous professional education and training.
We can’t wait to meet you, so if you believe you are the right person for this job, please apply. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.